Are you passionate about communication and design? Would you like to gain work experience in a leading international studio? West 8 is looking for:
A communication intern from for a minimum period of six months, four or five days a week (starting as soon as possible)
We are looking for a student with a clear affinity for design and communication. You are self-starting, an expert in planning and stress resistant. You enjoy working in a team and are able to speak and write excellent English.
You will be working with a two-person team in the PR and Business Development department, to promote our firms’ projects and expertises.
Your tasks include:
- Creating online and offline content: selecting images, writing and editing texts for a wide range of purposes (including press releases, website, social media, award submissions and our internal website).
- Preparing portfolio’s and other relevant material for potential new clients
- Responding to press inquiries
- Supporting with organizing and preparation of PR-events, such as lectures and interviews
- Maintaining our image library
- Excellent writing skills in English and preferably another language (Dutch, German, French, Chinese or Russian).
- Proficiency in Adobe CS: InDesign, Photoshop
- Creativity and a good sense for visual communication
- Basic knowledge of West 8’s body of work
- Confidence in working in a complex and international environment
- An introduction to the PR, marketing and communication of a design studio
- Experience with the dynamics of working in a multidisciplinary, creative and international team
- An internship fee
This is a position at our office in Rotterdam. Please send your motivation, resume and portfolio (maximum 4mb) to email@example.com.
added on: 12-10-2020
West 8 is an equal opportunity employer and is a culturally diverse and inclusive studio. We want our workforce to be a reflection of the worldwide communities we design for. We believe this is essential to do our work right. Black, Indigenous, People of Color and candidates from minority backgrounds are more than welcome to apply for one of our positions.