Designer/Landscape Designer (3D-oriented)
West 8 New York has a need for a Designer with a strong 3D-skillset for modeling and designing of landscape architecture and urban design projects.
Contributing to our multidisciplinary team candidates should be able to work collectively and be open to being coached by and overseen by a Project Director.
The future candidate will support projects in all design phases and will assist in 3D-environments, rendering, post-editing, drawing plans, design detail principles, and create 3D-visualizations and presentations. The candidate will report directly to the Project Director and perform under the project needs & demands.
Candidate Qualifications & Characteristics:
- Previous experience in Landscape Architecture, Architecture, Urban Design or relevant field
- Previous experience in building 3D-environments
- Excellent knowledge and experience in 3D-platforms, for instance Rhino
- Strong AutoCAD, and Adobe Suite skills
- Strong conceptual, graphic, and design knowledge
- Basic knowledge in tectonics, technical sections, and elements composition
- Basic knowledge of West 8’s body of work
- Workload hours in relation to project needs and client demands
- Confidence in working in a complex and international environment
- Excellent communication and interpersonal skills and the ability to work well in a team
- Is comfortable sharing accolades and praise while also being open to receiving constructive feedback
- Eligibility to work in the US (NYC residents a plus)
- Fluent in English, bilingual ability is a plus
Please submit your cover letter and résumé as a single PDF file to the following email address: jobsNYC@west8.com. Be sure to clearly state your name and the position to which you are applying in the subject of your email.
Please keep your PDF portfolio separately under 8mb. Weblinks are also welcome to share. As a piece of advice: we appreciate simpler portfolios, showcasing related work to the profile requirements.
added on: 12-10-2020
West 8 is an equal opportunity employer and is a culturally diverse and inclusive studio. We want our workforce to be a reflection of the worldwide communities we design for. We believe this is essential to do our work right. Black, Indigenous, People of Color and candidates from minority backgrounds are encouraged to apply for one of our positions.