Landscape Designer – USA
West 8 has an opportunity for an (entry-level) Landscape Architect / Designer to join its team in Philadelphia, USA.
West 8 is an internationally leading design agency in the field of urban planning, landscape architecture, infrastructure and architecture. Our team designs parks, gardens, landscapes, urban areas, residential areas, buildings, pavilions, bridges, public spaces and waterfronts. We also work on studies, concepts and visions related to climate change, water management and urbanization.
West 8 is looking for a: Landscape Designer to participate in various inspiring and challenging construction projects both in the United States, and the rest of the world.
You will be involved in the design, architectural, and technical aspects of projects and their graphic representation, providing your design understanding to the entire design process from concept to execution. You will develop project packages that demonstrate clarity, design sensitivity, and a sound understanding of concept.
Our ideal candidate is:
- Eager to work in a dynamic, international team and wants to push boundaries.
- Critical in their work and design attitude; ability to work both collaboratively and independently.
- Energetic, wants their knowledge and experience to continuously improve.
- Able to communicate ideas fluently to communicate through technical drawings, sketches, models and 3D models.
- Has 1-3 years of experience working within a design office.
- Excellent graphic design skills and a unique visual eye.
- Has experience across all stages of the design process, from concept to implementation.
- Excellent in their use of oral and written communication in English. (Dutch or any bi-lingual ability is not a requirement, but always welcome!)
- You have a degree in landscape architecture, architecture, or equivalent.
- You have a working knowledge of landscape architectural drawing and detailing.
- You have a high level of aptitude in both 2D (AutoCAD, Adobe CC etc.) and 3D (Knowledge of Rhinoceros, V-ray and Lumion is a plus)
- Eligibility to work in the US (Philadelphia residents a plus)
What we offer:
West 8 offers you a full-time position, with the opportunity to grow in a stimulating environment in our Philadelphia studio. You can count on enthusiastic colleagues from all over the world. Candidates do not need to be licenced to apply, however, we encourage our team members to grow and experience all stages of the design process. You will have the opportunity to contribute to a wide range of meaningful projects while growing in your field.
Are you who we are looking for?
Send your resume, motivation letter and portfolio to firstname.lastname@example.org before the 8th of July, 2022.